2020 Beartooth Electric Scholarship
Beartooth Electric Cooperative (BEC) will award (1) one $1,000 scholarship to a deserving student at each of the 11 high schools in BEC’s service territory, who will be attending college in the fall of 2020. Beartooth Electric Cooperative believes in and supports the continuing education of our young people. We are afforded the opportunity to fund this scholarship through our “Unclaimed Capital Fund”. BEC’s Board of Trustees will select the scholarship finalists. Application forms are available from your high school counselor, here on the Beartooth Electric website, or at the Beartooth Electric Red Lodge Office.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants, parents or guardians must be a resident of Montana and a member of Beartooth Electric Cooperative (BEC). All applications must be returned to Beartooth Electric Cooperative, PO Box 1110, Red Lodge, MT 59068.
Applicants need to return their signed application form, school transcripts, ACT/SAT scores, list of school/community activities, personal financial need essay, and a letter of recommendation by January 24, 2020.
Breakdown of scoring criteria are:
• Academic strength — 15%
• Activities/Honors — 15%
• Employment/Volunteerism/Community — 20%
• Personal Financial Need Essay — 50%
• The applicants or parent/guardian MUST be a resident of Montana and a member of BEC.
• The applicant must be either a graduating high school senior entering his/her freshman year in college or vocational technical training institution.
• The scholarship may be used at a Montana college/university of vocational technical school, or an out of state institution.
• All applications must be submitted to BEC and postmarked no later than January 24, 2020. The BEC Board will select the finalists from each high school.