2020 MECA $500 Memorial Scholarship
The Montana Electric Cooperative Association (MECA) will award (1) one $500 scholarship to a deserving student in MECA’S Southeast District, who will be attending college in the fall of 2020. This scholarship is funded by individual contributions to the Memorial Scholarship Program. MECA’s Members Services Committee will select the scholarship finalist. Application forms are available from your high school counselor, on the Beartooth Electric website (www.beartoothelectric.com), or at the Beartooth Electric Red Lodge Office.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants, parents or guardians must be a resident of Montana and a member of Beartooth Electric Cooperative (BEC). All applications must be returned to Beartooth Electric Cooperative, PO Box 1110, Red Lodge, MT 59068.
Applicants need to return their signed application form, school transcripts, ACT/SAT scores, list of school/community activities, essay/personal statement and a letter of recommendation by January 24, 2020.
The BEC Board of Directors will review the applications and select one finalist to be judged by the MECA Committee.
Breakdown of scoring criteria are:
• Academic strength — 20%
• Activities/Honors — 20%
• Employment/Volunteerism/Community — 20%
• Personal Statement — 40%
• The applicants or parent/guardian MUST be a resident of Montana and a member of BEC.
• The applicant must be either a graduating high school senior entering his/her freshman year in college or vocational technical training institution, or a student entering another year of undergraduate schooling.
• The scholarship may be used at a Montana college/university of vocational technical school, or an out of state institution.
• All applications must be submitted to BEC and postmarked no later than January 24, 2020. The BEC Board will select a finalist and will submit that application to the MECA Scholarship Committee for review. The Committee will select the one (1) scholarship recipient from a list of finalists.